Keola La'i
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kitchen Vent

2 posters

Go down

Kitchen Vent Empty Kitchen Vent

Post  CPK Tue May 13, 2008 2:55 am

Starting to experience problems with my kitchen vent... The other day I taped up the entire vent because debris (flecks of drywall-like material were all around the vent area. Also, there is some soot that seems to have collected in the openings. A little concerned a central filter needs changing, with all the construction and repairs going on. I'm a little worried about breathing in all that stuff... Manangement should change out the filters ASAP!

CPK

Back to top Go down

Kitchen Vent Empty Re: Kitchen Vent

Post  Benjamin Tue May 13, 2008 4:21 pm

I also had problems with my vent (noise rather than debris). When we removed the grill, I did see flecks of paint on the internal foam air channel. The paint was dried, so I don't think this could be it in your case. The metal damper that comes with the grill is pretty much useless if you want to shut off the air flow. You can try the vent I just installed in my unit from Air Tec. One caveat: you will probably need to hire a contractor to reduce the size of the opening slightly to accomodate the smaller size of the new vent.

Benjamin

Back to top Go down