Keola La'i
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rusting Sink

4 posters

Go down

Rusting Sink Empty Rusting Sink

Post  lava Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:24 am

Mahalo for the invite, everyone!

Glad we have a few more outlets to discuss our new home... Some of the residents on the Google board reported their kitchen sink rusting. Well mine is starting to rust, too! Started off as small water spots... But now I can clearly see the rust. I was thinking of just replacing the entire sink. Although it might be a challenge since the countertop needs to first be removed. Is this covered under warranty? I'm going to see about scrubbing off the rust... Not sure this is a good long-term solution since the kitchen sink always has some amount of moisture.

lava

Back to top Go down

Rusting Sink Empty Re: Rusting Sink

Post  FishCake Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:45 am

Hi Everyone,

Welcome Lava. Not sure how they'll fix this rusting sink issue. They should have just given us some good quality ones to begin with.

sigh.

FishCake

Back to top Go down

Rusting Sink Empty Rust in the Kitchen Sink

Post  Element Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:43 am

Here is a photo of my kitchen sink shortly after we got the keys. Keep in mind- we haven't even moved in yet. The rust spots got worse after a week of using the faucet. So we just kept the red stickers around the sink area. PCL finally scrubbed the rust off last week. Crossing my fingers they don't come back.

Rusting Sink Keolal10

Element

Back to top Go down

Rusting Sink Empty Sinks that Rust

Post  yslow Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:39 am

While my punch list guy scrubbed the rust off my sinks (yes, plural for the kitchen, bath & tub sinks) he too commented he never heard of sinks that rust. All he can do for me is basically scrub it off and add a sealant over the surface. He hoping that'll work.

I'm hoping it'll work too.

Deja Vu on the pix!

yslow

Back to top Go down

Rusting Sink Empty Rusty Sink Update

Post  yslow Sun May 18, 2008 5:35 am

Oh, Oh. My rust came right back. Any ideas on how I can stop them permanently besides replacing the sink & donating it to A & B?

yslow

Back to top Go down

Rusting Sink Empty Re: Rusting Sink

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down