Keola La'i
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Removing metal trim at bottom of window

4 posters

Go down

Removing metal trim at bottom of window Empty Removing metal trim at bottom of window

Post  Sid67 Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:57 am

Has anyone tried removing the metal piece at the bottom of the window trim?
I want to install wood floors and need to get under the metal trim to install 1/4" spacers...
Do I just yank the sucker out?

Sid67

Back to top Go down

Removing metal trim at bottom of window Empty Re: Removing metal trim at bottom of window

Post  Sid67 Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:59 am

Oops! Just realized this post belongs under 'Remodeling'. Sorry, folks!

Sid67

Back to top Go down

Removing metal trim at bottom of window Empty Re: Removing metal trim at bottom of window

Post  Runner Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:53 am

I was wondering about that, too. Right now, some areas of my carpet aren't yet 'flushed' to the bottom trim, i.e. if you look from the opposite wall the carpet dips toward the middle section of the room. I have it on my punch list, but it's probably easier just to change out the flooring myself. Think we can continue this topic under the 'Remodeling' category...

Runner

Back to top Go down

Post  keala Sat May 03, 2008 12:21 am

Don't think you can remove the metal trim. My friend who's a carpenter came by my unit to check it out. Supposedly, it covers the screws that holds the windows down. It's basically a hider. Hides all your goodies. Not sure how you can remove it or adjust it. It's pretty secure in place.

If anyone can figure out, please share.

Thanks!

keala

Back to top Go down

Post  KDen Sat May 03, 2008 5:16 pm

I've seen a unit with thick hardwood planks just use the metal trim as a wall substitute (with spacers, of course). You'll probably have to glue the finishing base trim to the metal piece, though.

KDen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down