Keola La'i
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theft in the Condos

+2
lava
Element
6 posters

Go down

Theft in the Condos Empty Theft in the Condos

Post  Element Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:39 am

Someone I know on the lower floors had expensive bags stolen after leaving her door open for construction crew a couple weeks ago... Not sure if that is why they activated our FOB's or if it was an inside job. But contact Don Davis to have your locks changed at no cost, and be careful who gets access to your unit.

Element

Back to top Go down

Theft in the Condos Empty Re: Theft in the Condos

Post  lava Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:56 pm

Shoot! Already bought locks. Plan to change the existing ones after the punch list is done. How did you know about this?

p.s. Anyone curious as to why there is no peephole on the doors?

lava

Back to top Go down

Theft in the Condos Empty Locks

Post  chef Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:20 pm

I plan to change out my locks at the end of the month... Any restrictions on the exterior door hardware we can use?

chef

Back to top Go down

Theft in the Condos Empty Re: Locks

Post  Wolverine Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:16 pm

Check out these auto fingerprint locks... No more locking yourself out!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QCND1A

Last edited by Wolverine on Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wolverine

Back to top Go down

Post  Runner Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:20 pm

Just found out A&B will approve the free lock change only in the event of theft. Not sure I feel comfortable with the idea of someone else having access to my unit, especially in light of recent events. Are they going to wait until something happens first? How does everyone feel about this?

Runner

Back to top Go down

Theft in the Condos Empty Fingerprint Locks

Post  Wolverine Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:33 pm

Hey folks,

Just received the fingerprint locks from Amazon. Unfortunately, they don't seem to fit the existing door without modifications to the door itself. This has to do with the location of the handle relative to the existing keyhole and door latch. There is a note that the locks can't be returned if they are opened, so I emailed Amazon and they OK'ed opening the package. Still like the idea of not needing to use a key, so I might just get a new door in a couple months with a door sweep and even *gasp* a peephole!

Wolverine

Back to top Go down

Post  chef Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:39 pm

lava wrote:Shoot! Already bought locks. Plan to change the existing ones after the punch list is done...

Hey lava,
Just wondering if you changed to new locks yet?

chef

Back to top Go down

Post  lava Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:43 pm

Not yet, awaiting the completion of my punch list...

lava

Back to top Go down

Theft in the Condos Empty Locks Changed

Post  jayden Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:28 am

Aloha Neighbors,
Contact Mike from My Keys at 479-5625 if you want your door locks changed. Now about footing the bill, make sure you get an okay from Don Davis (292-0300) or Nordic/PCL. I told Don it's a safety concern & a liability issue with my lock accessible by anyone with a master key. I'd rather they knock down my door if management really need to get inside.

Good Luck!

BTW..the door lock change took only 5 minutes since Mike brings in a custom tumbler. He too has the master key & demonstrates how it can't be operated anymore with the new lock. Make sure you ask him to give you all the keys.

jayden

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum